Friday, February 13, 2015

Glimpse at the Making of a Real Leader - G.W. Bush Summed up ISIS in 3 Words

By Elizabeth Nelson

On Wednesday, while speaking at the University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, former President Bush started discussing his time in the White House and the things he learned as President. Listening to him, I sure miss having an America-Loving, humble President that doesn't have a problem poking fun at his weaknesses,and also one who doesn't have a problem taking decisive action calling a terrorist by their name, while sacrificially serving our country.  However, as he put it, "it's no sacrifice in serving something you love and I love the United States of America."



Regarding Putin, "in life you have to know how the other person thinks, because he deals with a big country.  If you want to understand what a person is thinking, listen to what he's really saying.  Like Putin, when he looked at Barney, 'my dog is bigger and faster than your dog.'"

"I learned to listen, even to those I didn't like."

"I leaned that there are universal truths, there is an Almighty. He gives us the desire to be free and deep in everybody's soul is the desire to live in a society where our opinion matters."  [11:00]

"I learned that people learn a stereotype based on faulty knowledge.  I did write two books, and the reason I tell you this is because I am on a Government pension and I'm hoping you'll buy them." [15:00]

"I based my decisions on principals in History, not to change it but in context of history" [17:10]

"Live life to the fullest, you never know what you can do until you try" [26:00]

Then, all the cameras had to be turned off for a question and answer session, where Former President George W. Bush was recorded and captured; and he summed up the reality of ISIS in just three words, words that will never escape Obama's lips:

"Evil is Real."

“There is no light grey. . . Murdering innocent people to move a political point of view has been, is and always will be evil.”
"When the Pressure is off, they strike, to scare those of us that believe in Freedom."

However, even as true as his statements are, if I had been there, just as Obama has "evolved" on Gay Marriage and now on War [Libya and now ISIS] I would be interested to ask Bush if, now that he has more evidence and knowledge, if he has now "evolved" or if he still thinks "Islam is a Religion of Peace," or were those just words his speech writer suggested he say?








No comments:

Post a Comment